OSHA #500- Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Construction Industry
03/05/2018 07:30 AM to 03/08/2018 04:00 PM (US/Central)
OSHA #500 - Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Construction Industry
This course is designed for personnel in the private sector interested in teaching the 10-hour and 30-hour construction safety and health outreach program to their employees and other interested groups. Special emphasis is placed on those topics that are required in the 10-hour and 30-hour programs as well as on those that are the most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide. Course participants are briefed on effective instructional approaches and the effective use of visual aids and handouts. This course allows the student to become a trainer in the Outreach Program and to conduct both a 10-hour and 30-hour construction safety and health course and to issue cards to participants verifying course completion. A laptop is strongly recommended.
Outreach Trainer Cards: Students in this class must successfully pass both a written and performance evaluation in order to earn their trainer card and the authorization to conduct 10-hour and 30-hour OSHA training. Any student not successfully passing BOTH portions will be issued a letter of attendance but not a card or certificate. Outreach trainers are required to attend OSHA #502 at least once every four years to maintain their trainer status. Need a replacement card?
- Learn effective instructional approaches and the use of visual aids/handouts
- Define construction terms found in OSHA standards
- Present effective safety and health training programs in accordance with OSHA’s construction standards, regulations, and guidelines
- Earn 2.6 CEU or 4.34 CM
PRE-REQUISITES MUST BE VERIFIED IN ORDER TO REGISTER!
Pre-requisites for OSHA #500:
- OSHA #510: Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry
- Five years of construction safety experience, or three years of experience and one of the following:
- College degree in Occupational Safety and Health
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
Please note: Withdrawing from a course due to the participant's failure to meet course pre-requisites will result in the participant being assessed a processing fee. Please check the course pre-requisites carefully!