The OSHA #2015 - Hazardous Materials course covers OSHA general industry standards and integrates materials from other consensus and proprietary standards that relate to hazardous materials. Included are flammable and combustible liquids, compressed gases, LP-gases, and cryogenic liquids. Related processes such as spraying and dipping are covered, as well as electrical equipment. Course topics include Introduction to hazardous materials, Hazardous locations, Introduction to hazardous waste and hazardous response, Hazardous waste site operations, Emergency response and emergency action plans, Compressed gases and acetylene, Welding, cutting and brazing, and Liquefied petroleum gases.
Upon course completion students will have the ability to
- Describe methods for detecting unsafe storage conditions for hazardous materials
- Explain electrical factors that may contribute to the creation or abatement of hazardous conditions
- Relate hazardous conditions and unsafe procedures to the appropriate standards for abatement action
- Specify the necessary precautions for hazardous operations, such as the dispensing of flammable and combustible liquids
- Describe proper abatement techniques for selected industrial hazards