The OSHA #521 - OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene course addresses industrial hygiene practices and related OSHA regulations and procedures.
This in-depth, 4-day course covers OSHA health standards and Health hazard recognition, permissible exposure limits, Elements of a workplace health program, including health recordkeeping, OSHA sampling procedures and strategy, Air contaminant sampling, Standards Compliance for air contaminant, hazardous-waste, asbestos, bloodborne pathogens, noise, confined space, respirator, ventilation and hazard communications, plus Detector tube sampling, a Hazard violation workshop and OSHA ergonomic guidelines.
A laptop computer with a web browser and WiFi capability is highly recommended.
Upon course completion students will be able to:
- Interpret the requirements of OSHA health requirements
- Recognize potential health hazards in the workplace
- Perform basic health hazard evaluation using OSHA sampling procedures
- Recommend suitable strategies for controlling hazardous conditions
- Describe the elements required for an effective workplace health program