Click here for additional date options
This training prepares participants to perform respirator fit testing protection according to OSHA Standards (Appendix A §1910.134-Fit Testing Procedures) and educates participants of the employer responsibilities under OSHA's respiratory protection fit testing requirements, as well as necessary record keeping requirements. This testing can be performed on a variety of respirators, including, but not limited to N95.
A “fit test” tests the seal between the respirator's facepiece and their face. Performing a fit test takes about fifteen to twenty minutes to complete and should be performed at least annually. After passing a fit test with a respirator, the user must use the exact same make, model, style, and size respirator while on the job.
Training topics include:
- OSHA Fit Testing requirements/standards
- how to put on and take off a respirator
- how to use, clean, and maintain your respirator.
- Fit testing equipment needs and maintenance
- How to perform a fit test
- User seal test demonstration
- Fit testing record keeping
Format: Instruction will be provided in a format that combines classroom-based lecture, participant discussion and hands-on activities
Evaluation: Practical exam
Course Length: 3-4 hours