THIS IS A VIRTUAL CLASS TAKING PLACE VIA ZOOM.
The Silica Construction Standard & Exposure Control Plan course is designed to help contractors understand the OSHA Silica Health Standard for Construction (29 CFR 1926.1153), and how to apply it to your worksite.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the tasks performed by their employees covered by the standard
- Select which exposure control plans are needed for each identified task
- Select the appropriate respirator (if needed) for each identified task
- Draft a written exposure control plan
- List the medical surveillance requirements
- Draft methods of communicating the hazards of silica to their employees
- List recordkeeping requirements
Target Audience: Safety Managers, Company Owners and those responsible for writing their company’s Exposure Control Plans
Language: This course is taught in English.
Prerequisites: A laptop computer or a tablet with a USB port, or that can receive e-mail is required. Students will also need to bring a copy of their company’s Exposure Control Plan(s) for use and review during the course.
Minimum Class Size: 3
Maximum Class Size: 40
Course Length: 8 hours
Format: Lecture, Discussion, Audio/Visual
Exam(s): Written, Practical
Documentation: Photo ID Card
Card Renewal: 4 years