Registration for the 2019-2020 session is closed.
Check back soon for 2020-2021 dates and registration information.
The 145-Hour Construction Safety Administrator Certificate Course is a highly intensive, multi-month course designed by seasoned construction safety and health professionals to help meet industry demands for well-rounded safety administrators.
The course is taught by a variety of engaging instructors, safety experts, and industry professionals, and includes classroom experiences, field trips, the annual safety conference, and more. Over the almost six month program you will learn to initiate and maintain a top-notch safety program, while also earning several hazard awareness cards, first-aid certification, an OSHA 30-hr card* and a course completion certificate.
This course offers many opportunities to network with peers and prominent safety professionals, including the many Thursday night dinners before class, and culminates with a graduation dinner in May.
Course Topics* include:
- Fall Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Steel Erection
- Rigging/Materials Handling
- Cutting & Welding Safety
- Crane Inspections
- Managing Mobile Crane Hazard Awareness
- Excavation Hazard Awareness
- Utility Location
- Supported and Suspended Scaffold Use
- Electrical Safety & Powerline Hazards
- NFPA 70E
- Work Zone Safety
- Hand and Power tool safety
Health Hazards and Emergency Preparedness
- Industrial Hygiene
- Concrete Placement
- Respiratory Protection
- Hazard Communications
- Hazard Materials Management
- Confined Space Entry Hazards
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Fire Protection & Control
- Construction Rescues
- Back Injury Reduction Strategies
- Ergonomics of Lifting
Administrative Programs & OSHA Compliance
- Elements of OSHA's Challenge Program
- Safety Meetings
- Employee Training
- New Hire Orientation
- Drug Testing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Implications of Safety
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Workers Compensation
- Accident Investigation Techniques
- Job Hazard Analysis
- OSHA Recordkeeping
- Fleet Management
- OSHA Inspections & Citations
- Mock OSHA Inspections
* final course topics may vary
Target Audience: Construction contractors, supervisors, foremen, safety specialists, administrators, coordinators and small-business owners who need to know a variety of different safety topics, plus any worker interested in earning a well-rounded, construction-industry certificate.
Language: This course is taught in English.
Maximum Class Size: 40
Course Length: 145 hours
Course Dates: December 3, 2019 - May 21, 2020
Course Nights: Every Tuesday and Thursday
Course Time: 6-9pm (field trip and special event times may vary)
Format: Lecture, Discussion, Demonstration, Audio/Visual, Hands-on Activities, Field Trips, Safety Conference, Networking
Documentation: Certificate and wallet ID cards