Click here for additional date options
NOTE, BEFORE YOU REGISTER...
- This is a Blended (1/2 online & 1/2 classroom) course. If you are interested in taking the classroom only course, please search for CPR without 'Blended' in the title.
- After registering for this class you will receive an email link to the online theory portion.
- Links are issued manually and are not issued over weekends/holidays. Please allow up to 48 hours to receive your link.
- You must complete the online theory portion prior to coming to the practical test portion.
- You will NOT be admitted for your practical test without presenting the online theory completion certificate (completion certificates can be printed and handed in, or emailed ahead of class date to RMedlin@buildsafe.org)
The Blended Heartsaver First Aid with CPR and AED Training Course is hybrid course which combines both online learning with a hands-on practical component designed to teach you to effectively recognize and treat adult emergencies in the critical first minutes until emergency medical services personnel arrive. The course provides a complete health and safety solution for First Aid, Adult CPR and AED. The First Aid component of this course prepares students to recognize and react to common situations such as low blood sugar, bleeding, broken bones and sprains, seizures, strokes, insect bites and stings, and temperature related injuries.The CPR and AED component of this course prepares students to recognize the signs of sudden cardiac arrest, when to activate the EMS system, and how to perform CPR. Students will become familiar with an Automatic Electronic Defibulator (AED) and how to successfully operate an AED in an emergency.
By the end of this course (including both the online and classroom practical), participants will be able to:
- Perform manual CPR
- Administer the use of an AED machine
- Administer first aid techniques
- Recognize signs of emergency in adults
Target Audience: Anyone, regardless of their trade, position or responsibilities, will benefit from learning the life-saving skills taught in this class. Anyone assigned to respond to emergencies in the workplace or community will benefit, as well as those who simply want to learn First Aid, CPR and AED skills. Some employers may require this course in order to comply with OSHA regulations.
Language: This course is taught in English. It is also offered in Spanish. For Spanish language date availability, please see - American Heart Association First Aid/CPR/AED Spanish
Minimum Class Size: 3
Maximum Class Size: 10
Course Length: 2-4 Hour, Self-paced, online theory, PLUS 2 Hour Classroom Review and Practical Exam
Format: A blend of both eLearning and classroom Lecture, Discussion, Hands-on Exercises
Exam(s): online Written; classroom Practical
Documentation: Reference Book (or eBook), AHA eCard
Card Renewal: 2 years
No CPR dummies are shared during classes or practical exams. All dummies are thoroughly cleaned between each use and by students during use. All students are provdided with disposable, 1-way valves and disposable face shields during practical testing. If you have additional quesitons or concerns, please contact our Manager of Training & Outreach at 708-449-8604.